Sunday 28 June 2009

Monyhull Estate Development

Friday 26th June

Bellway Homes have recently submitted an application to the City Council to build apartments on the green space between Monyhull Hall and Monyhull Church.
Brandwood Conservatives’ Local Campaigner Derek Johnson, Cllr. Mark Hill, Cllr. Neville Summerfield, and Parliamentary Spokesman Nigel Dawkins object to this application and have contacted the Planning Department to register their opposition.

If permission to build is granted, a valuable open space used for community events and local children will be lost forever. In addition, the picturesque scene of the church, its grounds, and Monyhull Hall will be destroyed. The new flats will bring more motor vehicles into the area and will add to the already established problem of speeding traffic around the estate.

2 comments:

  1. Where can I look for photos of Monyhull Hall and other original buildings? I am the Great grand daughter of Ezra Millward who owned the estate in the 2nd half of the 1800's. I have orginal photos of the house and surrounding buildings at the time that my family lived there. It would be such a pity if they had to destroy it for the new ugly little homes that they build now.

    Johannesburg
    South Africa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure where you can look for photos from online. Birmingham Library has an archieves section. I was given a book by a local resident which I can send you. Also a resident has been incontact with me about the history. Maybe I could put you incontact with them.

    Incidentially where did you come via my blog from ?

    ReplyDelete