Thursday 8 October 2009

Missed refuse collection

Friday 9th October

It has been a quiet day with case work. I normally get 4-5 enquiries a day. I communicate through Facebook, Twitter, the web, newsletters, letters, emails, my blog etc. It seems the more work you do, the more case work you generate. The thing I enjoy most about being a councillor is trying to help people address their concerns.

I contacted Lifford Lane about the problems with consistent missed multi-material collection for Garretts Walk. Crates are put out for collection by the crews and for some reason are missed. This has happened so often that inevitably a loss of confidence in the service has set in and participation has been withdrawn.


I know from other parts of Druids Heath that the council is about to roll out innovative solutions to capture recyclable material from the tower blocks, which will go some way to meeting the tough targets we have set ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment